Thursday, May 22, 2008
Manfred: Quiet-Time

James has recently been one of my few favorite books in the Bible, and I decided to actually start examining it.

As I read through the first part of Chapter One in James, verses 6 through 8 stick out in particular.

"6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

As I read through this couple of verses I am reminded of a lesson someone once preached a few months back. About expecting from God, not hoping.

Personally it's really hard to expect from God. I mean, he's God! He provided us with everything that is around us now. He can simply just blink his eyes, and all that we have is gone in a second. Such awesome power! I'm reminded of a quote "A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything from you".

Let's us be grateful for what we have today. Don't take it for granted, cause who knows, the very next second, it might be gone from your life.

Manfred.


On 12:47 AM, BowlNoodlers let go.