Friday, May 23, 2008
EJ: Quiet-Time

All right, finally i post my quiet-time.

Today, i decided to pick up the book "every young man's battle", since i haven't touched it since Danny gave it to me a long while back. Reading 2 chapters of the book, i find that I am so unworthy of god's love, god's grace. I am stained with sin that even i may not know about so directly. As i compare my standard of sin to God's, in the bible, i see that i am merely getting by, that i am not worthy by any account of his love.

In Ephesians 5:3, it reads "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity".

Though in this particular verse it is specifically talking about sexual sins, when i look at it from a more general perspective, i see that his verse not only applies to sexual immorality, but to any other sin; since all sins are equivalent to one another.

I may be falling short of God's grace, God's expectations for me as a disciple, but i know i must strive on. 

My prayer for the day was taken from Psalms 51:1, 12-13. It reads:

"Have mercy on me, O God, 
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions...
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit,
to sustain me.
Then i will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you."

Peace, E.J.



On 12:54 AM, BowlNoodlers let go.